As required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the agendas of the Woodway City Council are posted online at least 72 hours in advance of each meeting, and they remain online until the meeting has concluded. For copies of past agendas and approved meeting minutes, please feel free to contact the City Secretary’s Office by telephone at 254-772-4480, by fax at 254-772-0695, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF MEETING
WOODWAY CITY COUNCIL
APRIL 22, 2019 – 5:30 P.M.
TAKE NOTICE THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WOODWAY, TEXAS, WILL BE HELD IN THE DONALD J. BAKER COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT WOODWAY CITY HALL, 922 ESTATES DRIVE, WOODWAY, TEXAS, COMMENCING AT 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019, TO CONSIDER AND ACT UPON ANY LAWFUL SUBJECT WHICH MAY COME BEFORE IT INCLUDING, AMONG OTHERS, THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
PRESENTATIONS AND VISITORS
2. Proclamation honoring Joshua Mathis
3. Quarterly presentation – Public Safety Department
4. Quarterly presentation – Finance Department
5. Hear visitors
This is the portion of the meeting where members of the public may be heard by the Council on any matter which is NOT listed as a separate item on the agenda. If you wish to address an item which is listed on the agenda for this meeting, you will be given an opportunity to speak during consideration of that agenda item
If speaking during “Hear Visitors”, please read: When called to speak, please state your name and address before beginning your comments. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes per Resolution R-87-11. Under Texas law, the Council and staff are not allowed to enter into a discussion with you or among themselves during this meeting, or take any action other than to provide specific factual information or a recitation of existing applicable policy and, or, discuss whether to place the matter on a future Council agenda. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND RELATED ACTION
6. A. Public hearing on Application for Change in Zoning Classification of Lot 2, Block G, Western Heights Addition to the City of Woodway, McLennan County, Texas, from “OP” Planned Office-Park to “PUD” Planned Unit Development (located in the 7100 Block of Delhi, Woodway, Texas)
B. Discussion and consider action on amending the Future Land Use Plan of Lot 2, Block G, Western Heights Addition to the City of Woodway, McLennan County, Texas, from “OP” Planned Office-Park to “PUD” Planned Unit Development (located in the 7100 Block of Delhi, Woodway, Texas)
C. Discussion and consider action on Ordinance 19-03, amending the zoning classification of Lot 2, Block G, Western Heights Addition to the City of Woodway, McLennan County, Texas, from “OP” Planned Office-Park to “PUD” Planned Unit Development (located in the 7100 Block of Delhi, Woodway, Texas)
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL DISCUSSION, CONSIDERATION AND/OR ACTION
7. Discussion and consider action on the sponsorship proposal for the Extraco Events Center
The Consent Agenda consists of non-controversial, routine and budgeted items which require no public hearing. The Consent Agenda is subject to being approved with one single motion; however, the Mayor or any City Councilmember may remove any item from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and consideration.
8.A. Discussion and consider action on minutes of the Strategic Planning Session meeting held April 2, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
B. Discussion and consider action on minutes of the regular City Council meeting held April 8, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.
C. Discussion and consider action on Resolution R-19-08, finding that Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC’s Application for Approval to Amend its Distribution Cost Recovery Factor Pursuant to 16 Tex. Admin. Code § 25.243 to Increase Distribution Rates within the City should be denied; finding that the City’s reasonable rate case expenses shall be reimbursed by the Company; finding that the meeting at which this resolution is passed is open to the public as required by law; requiring notice of this resolution to the Company and Legal Counsel
D. Discussion and consider action on upgrade to the Woodway PASAP Radio System and subscribers to work on Waco’s Regional 800 Mhz Radio System
9. Discussion and consider action on Consent Agenda
10. Notice is hereby given that the City Council will go into Executive Session in accordance with the following provisions of the Government Code: Sec. 551.074(a)(1), the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a city officer or employee (6-month evaluation of the City Manager)
CITY MANAGER AND CITY COUNCIL REPORTS
11. City Manager’s Report (Briefings or updates may be provided regarding City services, administrative/personnel matters, real estate/development, infrastructure, events, regulations, community and intergovernmental relations issues)
12. City Council Reports (Briefings or updates may be provided regarding City Council committee and liaison assignments)
13. Consider action on the Open Meetings Act Resolution
14. Consider action on adjournment