As required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the agendas of the Woodway City Council are posted online at least 72 hours in advance of each meeting, and they remain online until the meeting has concluded. For copies of past agendas and approved meeting minutes, please feel free to contact the City Secretary’s Office by telephone at 254-772-4480, by fax at 254-772-0695, or by e-mail at [email protected].
PUBLIC NOTICE OF MEETING
WOODWAY CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 13, 2018 – 5:30 P.M.
TAKE NOTICE THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WOODWAY, TEXAS, WILL BE HELD IN THE DONALD J. BAKER COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT WOODWAY CITY HALL, 922 ESTATES DRIVE, WOODWAY, TEXAS, COMMENCING AT 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, AUGUST 13, 2018, TO CONSIDER AND ACT UPON ANY LAWFUL SUBJECT WHICH MAY COME BEFORE IT INCLUDING, AMONG OTHERS, THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
PRESENTATIONS AND VISITORS
2. Quarterly presentation – Public Safety Department
3. Quarterly presentation – Finance Department
4. Semi-annual presentation – Carleen Bright Arboretum
5. Semi-annual presentation – Woodway Family Center
6. Hear visitors
This is the portion of the meeting where members of the public may be heard by the Council on any matter which is NOT listed as a separate item on the agenda. If you wish to address an item which is listed on the agenda for this meeting, you will be given an opportunity to speak during consideration of that agenda item
If speaking during “Hear Visitors”, please read: When called to speak, please state your name and address before beginning your comments. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes per Resolution R-87-11. Under Texas law, the Council and staff are not allowed to enter into a discussion with you or among themselves during this meeting, or take any action other than to provide specific factual information or a recitation of existing applicable policy and, or, discuss whether to place the matter on a future Council agenda. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL DISCUSSION, CONSIDERATION AND/OR ACTION
7. Discussion and consider action on Acceptance of Application to Develop in a Planned District (new bank) Lot 2, Block 8 of Woodway Center Addition to the City of Woodway, McLennan County, Texas, located at 191 Archway
8. Discussion and consider action on McLennan County 9-1-1 Emergency Assistance District Board of Managers ballot for Appointment of 9-1-1 Board Member to Seat One (1)
The Consent Agenda consists of non-controversial, routine and budgeted items which require no public hearing. The Consent Agenda is subject to being approved with one single motion; however, the Mayor or any City Councilmember may remove any item from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and consideration.
A. Discussion and consider action on minutes of the regular City Council meeting held July 9, 2018, at 5:30 p.m.
B. Discussion and consider action on additional appointment to the Woodway Youth Commission
ITEMS RELATED TO PROPOSED 2018/2019 ANNUAL BUDGET AND PROPOSED 2018 AD VALOREM TAX RATE
CITY COUNCIL REPORTS
16. Consider action on the Open Meetings Act Resolution
17. Consider action on adjournment