As required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the agendas of the Woodway City Council are posted online at least 72 hours in advance of each meeting, and they remain online until the meeting has concluded. For copies of past agendas and approved meeting minutes, please feel free to contact the City Secretary’s Office by telephone at 254-772-4480, by fax at 254-772-0695, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF MEETING
WOODWAY CITY COUNCIL
JUNE 10, 2019 – 5:30 P.M.
TAKE NOTICE THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WOODWAY, TEXAS, WILL BE HELD IN THE DONALD J. BAKER COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT WOODWAY CITY HALL, 922 ESTATES DRIVE, WOODWAY, TEXAS, COMMENCING AT 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2019, TO CONSIDER AND ACT UPON ANY LAWFUL SUBJECT WHICH MAY COME BEFORE IT INCLUDING, AMONG OTHERS, THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
PRESENTATIONS AND VISITORS
2. Hear visitors
This is the portion of the meeting where members of the public may be heard by the Council on any matter which is NOT listed as a separate item on the agenda. If you wish to address an item which is listed on the agenda for this meeting, you will be given an opportunity to speak during consideration of that agenda item
If speaking during “Hear Visitors”, please read: When called to speak, please state your name and address before beginning your comments. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes per Resolution R-87-11. Under Texas law, the Council and staff are not allowed to enter into a discussion with you or among themselves during this meeting, or take any action other than to provide specific factual information or a recitation of existing applicable policy and, or, discuss whether to place the matter on a future Council agenda. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
ITEMS RELATED TO PROPOSED 2018/2019 ANNUAL BUDGET AND PROPOSED 2018 AD VALOREM TAX RATE
3. Introduction of the proposed 2019/2020 annual budget
4. Discussion and consider action on setting the date, time and place to conduct the required public hearing on the proposed 2019/2020 annual budget
The Consent Agenda consists of non-controversial, routine and budgeted items which require no public hearing. The Consent Agenda is subject to being approved with one single motion; however, the Mayor or any City Councilmember may remove any item from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and consideration.
5. A. Discussion and consider action on minutes of the regular City Council meeting held May 20, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.
B. Discussion and consider action on authorizing City Manager to enter into a HVAC maintenance contract with Jacobs-Cathey Company
6. Discussion and consider action on Consent Agenda
7. The City Council will go into Executive/Closed Session to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.087
CITY MANAGER AND CITY COUNCIL REPORTS
8. City Manager’s Report (Briefings or updates may be provided regarding City services, administrative/personnel matters, real estate/development, infrastructure, events, regulations, community and intergovernmental relations issues)
9. City Council Reports (Briefings or updates may be provided regarding City Council committee and liaison assignments)
10. Consider action on the Open Meetings Act Resolution
11. Consider action on adjournment