The Sanitation Services Division (part of Customer Services) is located in City Hall at 922 Estates Drive and is responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste within the City of Woodway. The City contracts with Access Disposal for all residential garbage, recycle, and brush, as well as commercial hand pickup, dumpsters, and roll offs. The Customer Service Coordinator serves as the City’s liaison with our refuse company. The City provides residents with two weekly refuse collections, once weekly recycling collection and once weekly brush pick-up. Commercial service is provided at individual levels as determined by individual needs. Garbage is picked up twice a week (your pick up days are scheduled by your service address & recyclables & brush are picked up one a week. RECYCLE PICKUP IS WEDNESDAY FOR ALL WOODWAY RESIDENTS. Brush is picked up on your second trash day of the week. Curbside limbs should not exceed a 4 inch diameter, length not over 5 feet.
Getting your recyclable materials ready for the collection crew takes only a few minutes each week. We offer small green totes, and large 96 gallon rolling carts for recycle. We also offer bags for recycle but, keep in mind the bags themselves are not recyclable, so we encourage using the bins or rolling carts
Please place all recycling curbside prior to 8 a.m. on Wednesdays.
ITEMS FOR CO-MINGLED CURBSIDE COLLECTION:
- Plastic #1 & #2: Clear, natural, colored
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans
- Tin cans
- Paper: white, computer, colored, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, books, & phonebooks
- Cardboard: food containers, cereal/cake boxes, gift boxes, poster board
Preparation: Remove lids & rinse containers. No need to separate items.
DO NOT RECYCLE:
- Unmarked plastics: bags, ties, lids/caps, toys, polystyrene, utensils, coat hangers, medicine bottles, flower pots, food containers
- Glass: broken glass, light bulbs, windows, mirrors, ceramics, cookware, dishes, drinking glasses, colored glass
- Metals: toys, foil, cookware, utensils, batteries, fencing, coat hangers, lawn furniture, appliances
- Hazardous materials