Fees and Deposits Policy
- A nonrefundable deposit is required on all rentals at the time the reservation is confirmed by the issuance of an executed Rental Agreement.
- Please see the Fee Schedule for current deposit rates. If the deposit is in a check or credit card form, it will be cashed and not held.
- The deposit is required to cover damages, overtime, littering of the grounds, and missing inventory. The Renting Party is responsible for the removal of litter from the grounds. Any damage to the building or grounds in excess of the deposit will be charged directly to the Renting Party.
- The Carleen Bright Arboretum office will retain all deposits until all monies owed the Carleen Bright Arboretum have been received in full. Deductions will be made for damages, failure to remove litter, overtime, and missing inventory.
- Any outstanding rental fees are first deducted from the deposit before the deposit can be returned.
- If there are no damages or any other problems with the rental, and all terms of the rental agreement are met, the deposit will be returned in full to the Renting Party by 2-3 weeks after their event.
- Cancellations occurring less than thirty (30) days from the date of the event will result in forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Additional fees will be charged for non-business hour events for a staff member to be present. A Woodway Public Safety officer is required for all events serving alcohol. This fee is paid directly to the officer the day of the event. A building attendant is required for events without alcohol during non-business hours. Please see the current rate schedule for their fees. If a security officer is present, a building attendant will not be required.
- If the Renting Party’s responsibilities, as are outlined in the Rental Agreement, are not met, then the Renting Party’s deposit is forfeited.